VMDAS members and their families enjoyed a private screening of The Polar Express earlier this month. This holiday classic touches on many themes including the importance of believing, the value of friendship, respect for leadership and courage, and the beauty of being kind to others. The movie’s messages clearly struck a chord with our members: survey respondents gave the event a 93 per cent net promoter score, placing it in the top 10 of all events VPSA has hosted.
Emergency doctor Dr. Ariana Murata was the physician leading the event. She attended with her husband, daughter, and close family friends.
“The Polar Express is one of our favourite holiday movies,” said Dr. Murata, “and I have dreamed for a long time to be able to bring it back to the big screen. This screening was extra special as I could share the magic with the most cherished people in my life. The train and silver reindeer sleigh bells remind us that we’re never too old to believe in the magic of Christmas.”
Dr. Murata added that she had a wonderful time sharing the movie with family, friends, and colleagues. She loved the entire event: the popcorn, drink, ultra cushy and comfortable theatre—along with the amazing movie.
Members who responded to the post-event survey strongly agreed that the event allowed them to develop connections with other medical staff—and to do so without taking time away from their families. They also agreed that the event allowed them to develop connections between colleagues and their families.
Comments about the event included:
- More such family-friendly activities.
- It was a very enjoyable morning. Very well organized and the kids were absolutely thrilled. Thank you!
- Such a fun morning!
- Thank you for these community building events.
- Amazing event. We loved every minute!
- Great event! Lovely to have something that I can bring the kids to.
- I loved the event, but my four-year-old found the movie too scary and loud so we had to leave early.
- Kids loved it!