VMDAS members and their families gathered recently for a great afternoon of lawn bowling, fantastic food, and networking. This was the third time VMDAS and VPSA have co-hosted the event, and, by all accounts, the day was perfect.
“It is wonderful to have received such great feedback,” said Dr. Lesley Wood, a member of VPSA’s Community Building and Wellness Task Group and the event’s key organizer. “With a net promoter score of 93.33, this was one of the best received events we’ve ever held. It was a pleasure to organize an event where members had the opportunity to meet and make connections while also enjoying time with their families.”
Indeed, 100 per cent of those who took the post-event survey agreed that they were able to develop connections with medical staff and their families and friends. There was also unanimous agreement that the afternoon strengthened connections between medical staff without taking time away from their families. Furthermore, everyone agreed they were extremely satisfied with the event venue (Dunbar Lawn Bowling Club), the food (Tacofino), the lawn bowling itself, and the event date and time. Everyone enthusiastically endorsed VMDAS hosting a lawn bowling event again next year. The net promotor score relates to the question: How likely are you to recommend a future VMDAS family-friendly event to your colleagues?
Check out photos from the event here.
Following are comments left by survey participants….
- Very fun event! Great choice of food vendor and activity. Andrew and Brigitte were wonderful as always! Thanks for the prizes for the kids…they were so happy 🙂
- Fantastic event, thank you. Got the competitive juices going too!
- Great venue at Dunbar Lawn Bowling and great food with Tacofino. Well organized, thank you to the VPSA committee, physician and staff who organized. Was nice to do an outdoor activity with colleagues and their families.
- We had a wonderful time. Such a thoughtful and low barrier event to mingle and enjoy colleagues and their families. Thank you. We (husband also an MD, kids (7&5)) learned to play a new sport and now the kids want to lawn bowl again with other families!
- Thanks, VPSA team. Great event!