Every year Vancouver MSA celebrates physicians and their teams who have made significant contributions to the Vancouver Community of Care. The 2018 event drew a large contingent of our colleagues including this year’s award recipients as well as those marking 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, and 40 years of service in VCH.
This year’s Academic Awards were presented to six outstanding physicians and their teams:
- Peter Dolman, Ophthalmology: Bobby Miller Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Jacqueline Saw, Cardiology: Scientific Achievement Award (pictured above with Dr. Ken Gin, Head Division of Cardiology and Dr. Simon Rabkin, Vancouver MSA president)
- John Yee and the BC Lung Transplant Program: Bringing Clinical Renown to Vancouver Award
- Jens Lohser, Anesthesiology: Clinical Excellence Award
- Agnes Lee, Hematology: Special Service Award
- Katherine Paton,Ophthalmology: Larry Collins Award for Committee Service
“These distinguished physicians have made significant contributions to patient care, medical teaching and research and are recognized locally, nationally and internationally,” commented Vancouver MSA President Dr. Simon Rabkin. “Their names will be added to the plaques in our new Hall of Fame located near the elevators on the first floor of the Jim Pattison Pavilion to inspire our colleagues to become part of this august group of physicians.”
For more information, check out our Awards section.